Epic Shit | Day 5

by Wednesday, July 08, 2015 0 comments
Today's challenge from Sarah, the Mill Coach, is to look at life from a medicine wheel point of view and to listen to our inner mentor while telling our inner critic to take a hike. She also suggested naming our inner mentor. I think this is a marvelous idea and I am going with Shakira. Yup, the latin, hip shaking hottie! But more importantly her honesty, ambition, and fun loving attitude are why she is my inner mentor.

The east points us towards new beginnings. Shakira is telling me there is always time for a new beginning. At this point in my life, my new beginning is to breath fresh air and life into my work. I am passionate about the beef community and I want to feel that passion more in what I do day to day. In the hopefully near future, these new beginnings will be sitting behind a desk again, learning about animal care and working on my DVM.

The south represents the child within. My 13-year-old self might not understand where I am at this point in my life as she was extremely ambitious, but she'll be thrilled with all the fun I've had! Not to mention all the horses I've gotten to show and do well on.

The west is all about introspection. When I look inside myself I feel happy and content with my husband, our family, and my job. But I also hear Shakira saying, "There is more for you to do. Go do it!"

The north represents wisdom and gratitude. Sarah asked us to think about what our grandma's would say. Well I was lucky to have just talked to my grandma a few weeks ago and she said, "Don't give up and work really hard." Something which makes sense in many areas of my life right now.

Finally, the center is the heart. What do I need to do to make my inner critic go away? I need to work hard, focus, and incorporate more things, like riding and seeing my friends, which make my heart happy.

So I'm way behind, but I'm hustling to catch up. Here goes!

Tiffany

The Sonoran Desert is home, beef is my fuel, dancing is my happy, and horses are my transportation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment