Epic Shit | Day 6

by Wednesday, July 08, 2015 2 comments
Some tough questions to answer, but here goes.

1. What are you intensely interested in? 

I am intensely interested in how we grow food, particularly animals, for human consumption. I like to know the ins and outs and the day to day operation of producing a safe, wholesome, and nutritious product. Another part to that interest is figuring out how I can be an integral part of this community. I love to talk about beef and how it's raised with consumers, but what I really want is to get in there and get my hands dirty and be outside raising or caring for the animals. 

Another intense area of interest is riding and training horses. The art of breaking out a colt so he understands what you want when you aren't speaking the same language is something both fulfilling and frustrating all at the same time. When you have a breakthrough with an animal and they lower their head, lick their lips and put all of their trust in you and what you're asking, it fills my heart. 


2. You go to the best cocktail party ever. It's a life changing event because you meet the most with-it, interesting, empowered people, and each of them can contribute to your career and interests in some way...

     -Who was there?
Passionate people who live a life which makes them whole. They provide positive interactions and are supportive without being political. 

   
     -What kind of information did they share with you?
They share about positivity and how to lead a successful life, while sharing their struggles and hardships but most importantly how they overcame those obstacles to get where they are today.

     -What did they ask you?
My dreams and how I can make them into goals which can then turn into reality. 

     -How did they offer to help you?
Sharing their knowledge, offering help whenever I'm stuck, and making me promise I would actually reach out because my tendency is to put my head down and just plow forward even if I'm trying to plow through a brick wall. 

3. If you could go to five conferences or events this year, which ones would you go to, or what would they be about?
I'm fortunate to be attending one of my five conferences this year and that is the National Cattlemen's Beef Association meeting in San Diego. Other events or conferences I would love to attend are seminars on food safety, how to improve animal handling, and horse training. 

4. What could you talk about late into the night with like-minded people and never run out of things to say?
This one is easy! Agriculture! Whether is cows, horses, FFA, food safety, or how we're going to feed people in 50 years, I could talk for ever about these subjects. 

5. What activities make you feel really useful, alive and strong?
Riding, sharing my passion about beef, learning by doing, etc. 

     -When do you feel like a rockstar?
When I've completed a presentation I've worked so hard on. When I'm standing in the line up at a horse after a great class before the results are announced. After a great night out with friends. 

     -When do you feel like a gifted contributor?
When people look to me for advice or to contribute to the conversation. When Trish tells me to get  on a horse and fix a problem another rider has been having then handing the horse back to the rider and watching them complete a successful ride. 

     -When do you feel like a very cool and purposeful human-
       being?
I love to organize nights out with my friends and then hear about how much fun it was while we enjoyed each others company and even make new friends. 

     -In terms of the things you do, when do you feel most like
       yourself
When I'm at the barn with a ball cap on my head, jeans and boots to protect me from the leather of the saddle, and legs swung over a horse. 

6. What do you want to be known for?
Honesty, dedication, ambition, passion, knowledge.

Your true strengths are living right here.

Tiffany

The Sonoran Desert is home, beef is my fuel, dancing is my happy, and horses are my transportation.

2 comments:

  1. Your vulnerability is so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah. This challenge has offered me new ways to think about things and remember where my passions are rooted. I appreciate your time in putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete