#EpicShit Challenge | Day 1 and 2

by Wednesday, July 01, 2015 0 comments
I'm behind. Oh, what's new there? I'm catching up and will stay caught up!

Day Uno

I am gifted with the ability to make myself work really hard. If I set my mind to doing something, especially a physical something, such as working horses or working out, I can get it done. I also have the ability to read people. This stems from all the work I've done with animals through the years and really does translate over to the human world. I have a hard time giving up on anything. This could be seen as a gift or a curse. Sometimes it is both.

I am passionate about training horses, the great world of agriculture, my husband, and my dogs. Training and showing horses is where I feel most alive. I love to work with a young horse and take it through the learning process. You have to listen really well to hear what they are trying to say to you and if you get nervous or in a hurry those lines of communication get fuzzy. That is when things go wrong.

Agriculture and that way of life is something I simply adore. Growing safe, wholesome food for our nation and other countries is a huge deal and I want to be a part of it for my whole life.

I love my husband. He is my rock and helps to keep me centered while I try to dive head first into every project I have on my plate. My dogs are part of my family. My little old dog, Jack, is one who has been with me for 14 years, through thick and thin, good times filled with loved ones and sad times when it was just him and me. Willard, the big, dumb dog, is teaching me how to take my horse training skills over to the dog world. He frustrates me and annoys me, but makes me laugh every single day with his antics and goofiness. He is a great dog who just needs some time and understanding.

Day Dos

My roles in life include wife, friend, AGvocate, and horse girl.

As a wife, I am there to love, support, and encourage my husband. I feel more amazing in this role when Jordan is having a bad day and needs me to talk to him and share a different perspective, while keeping my cool and not sounding like I'm lecturing or chastising him. When he smiles at me and the little dimple in his right cheek shows, I know I've done my job to make him truly happy.

My close friends are amazing people and our friendships have evolved into something I consider more like a family. When I remember an important event or pick up the phone in the middle of the night, that is when I feel like I'm at my best in this role. We all get busy, but making time for these important people is a priority,

I love agriculture and a big part of my heart is dedicated to the beef community. My job is so important to me and I can honestly say that is because I'm passionate about what I do. I believe the people of agriculture are working hard to provide us with safe and affordable food and I want more people to believe the same. Of course, there is always room for improvement and I want to show people that we work hard to do just that. When I'm organizing tours or coming up with a new innovative way to show people how beef is raised I feel like I'm contributing to our goal of ensuring more people reach for beef at the grocery store while knowing they are eating a safe, wholesome, and nutritious product.

Horses are my escape from the "real world." They allow me to step away from the normal day to day stresses and focus solely on what they need. I love to show and always have. As a younger person, showing brought me great anxiety. Anxiety to the point of complete meltdown and paralysis. Through lots of years of struggles, lessons, and practice I can now proudly say, I've conquered my fears of showing. I now can show and enjoy the ride.

A great example of when I felt great showing horses was the recent regional show back in April. Axl, a beautiful, big gray gelding, was my "project" as a youngster. He needed miles and I gave him that. Trish and I started showing him, she put the final touches on his training and now he cleans up in the show ring. I have successfully shown him in the amateur classes and she in the open classes. He was Champion in Hand in both the open and ammy class, Reserve Champion in the Open and Ammy Under Saddle.

At this particular horse show, I was given the opportunity to show Ester, a big trotting mare who has had a special place in my heart for quite some time. Ester isn't a horse I ride very often and boy is she strong! But I rode her in that class and came away with a Reserver Championship!


On to day 3!

Tiffany

The Sonoran Desert is home, beef is my fuel, dancing is my happy, and horses are my transportation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment